Creation, content, and communication are central to the mission of Project Drawdown. They are the means for reaching diverse audiences with our research and perspective, to the end of advancing the solutions to reverse global warming. We seek a talented Content Curator, with topical expertise, to join and bolster these efforts. This role works closely with the Senior Writer, as well as the Executive Director.
The Content Curator will:
• Curate “educate and activate” content for Drawdown.org—online resources that help audiences learn more about each solution and discover ways to take action.
• Conduct research on diverse solutions and actors, drawing on academic literature, social sector reports, popular media, and more.
• Synthesize research findings with rigor, insight, and elegance, to best enable content creation.
• Project manage curation efforts and provide relevant administrative support as needed.
• Engage in content-focused thought partnership.
Longer-term, there may be opportunities for the role to expand to include:
• Write clear and compelling content, in keeping with the unique voice of Drawdown.
• Provide editing and/or copyediting support for publications and other materials.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
In addition to proven ability to excel at the above, an ideal candidate will:
• Be literate in global warming solutions (through academic and/or professional background, ideally both).
• Radiate curiosity and excel at interdisciplinary and systems thinking.
• Thrive in an environment of both collaboration and autonomy.
• Possess excellent qualitative research and organizational skills, with experience managing substantive projects.
• Be a thoughtful and dynamic communicator across mediums.
• Have a passion for the written word and its role in effecting change.
• Hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree and have at least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience. Graduate degree preferred.
This role is based in Sausalito, California, with the possibility of working remotely.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no more than 1500 words each), and references to our online application linked at http://www.drawdown.org/careers/content-curator
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Project Drawdown is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to expand the diversity of its staff.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on AdStasher